Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Trying to Understand "the middle"

If there is one thing that I am learning..its to start taking more of an honest assessmen of myself. Because in the end "self" is the only person that will be judged on judgement day. I will not be able to explain "But.. you know what they said..you know what they did" It will only be me. I tell you one thing is that some of the new adjectives that I have had to use to describe myself while I'm in this transition has not always been so easy on the flesh. Some of them include: Prideful, Selfish, and Moody. Wow! that's even hard to write but the only way for me to grow is to first acknowledge that there is a problem in the first place.

I have to admit during this process that its hard to stand in my own shoes and "take it" but sometimes with tears in my eyes I stand in it for as long as I need to. But, the good thing about having a relationship with God is that everyday I get to start over fresh and once you know better you do better. We are responsible for the things that God reveals to us.

As far as my perspective on understanding the spiritual and the natural its a day to day battle nad struggle. For me everything is black and white..right or wrong. When you do good you get rewards when you do bad you get punished. That's how it works right? Well, now matter how simple that sounds I really am having a hard time with that concept (in regards to why it does't always work that way). I rebelled against it for the longest and sometimes well I should say on some issues I still fight hard against it. I"m like "No! that is not right..why isn't he/she being punished?..grrrrr!!!" I just dont get it? Not only is it not working in the natural but its not working in the spiritual either. Sometimes I 'm like " Hello God

1 comment:

  1. Hello Butterfly12, it is so nice to watch you blossom into a mature woman ready to take on the good and the not so good when it comes to this life here on earth. I completely see where you are coming from with the right and wrong. People should be rewarded for right and people that do wrong should be punished is the world's way of looking it. When you are Christian and study the Word of God, God says in Matthew 5:45 "That you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous". Good to right and punish to wrong does not necessarily apply when you are Christian. God tells us in Luke 6:27-36 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, [28] bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. [29] If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. [30] Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. [31] Do to others as you would have them do to you.

    [32] "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. [33] And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. [34] And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. [35] But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. [36] Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

    We as Christians have something to look forward to according to God's Word but if we look at it from the world's perspective, what do we really gain? We must trust the Holy Spirit to help us show love to those for whom we may not feel love. If we love our enemies and treat them well, we wil truly show that Jesus is Lord of your life.

    I know it's easier said than done, but it can be done because God wouldn't command it if He didn't think that we couldn't do it.

    Be Blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete